- Individual lesson for practical, group lesson for theory, viva voce and general musicianship.
- Eight sessions75-minutes instrumental practical per term or Ten sessions 60 minutes instrumental practical per term.
- Ten sessions of 60 mins Group Theory (Grade 6 - 8) per term.
- Ten sessions of 60 mins Group Viva Voce per term.
- Ten sessions of 60 mins Group General Musicianship per term.
- Practical lesson will include the understanding of the instrument, repertoire building, technique, finger dexterity, strengthening, sight reading, understanding of repertoire, technical exercises.
- Potential and well prepared students will be given opportunities to participate in competitions, chamber ensemble, concert etc.
Group Viva Voce
- Viva Voce contents will cover general knowledge of western classical music, comparison of style and periods, important composers in the development of the instruments and its repertoire, analysis of set works, research, writing and presentation of programme note.
- Group theory will cover ABRSM syllabus and brief history of music.
Group General Musicianship
Lessons will include:
- Sing and Play
- Hand sign
- Music Analysis on orchestral excerpt, operas etc.
- Music History